How to type 3 Cubed symbol [³] in Word/Excel (+ Keyboard shortcuts)
This very detailed tutorial provides several ways to insert or type the cube symbol or the 3-cube (³) sign anywhere on your PC, such as Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint, whether you are using a Windows or Mac keyboard. You will learn all the simple methods, including the cube-alt key combination.
Without wasting time, let’s get started.
Quick start guide for Cube symbol (³)
To type the 3 block symbol anywhere on your PC or laptop keyboard (such as in Microsoft Word or Excel), press Option + 00B3 for Mac. And if you’re using Windows, just press the Alt key and type 0179 using the numeric keypad on the right.
To enter this character in MS Word, simply type 00B3, select it, and then press Alt + X to get the dice character.
The following table contains everything you need to know to enter this character in Windows and Mac. It even includes the key combination for the Alt code of the cube symbol.
|Name Symbol||Super Scenario 3|
|Symbol Alt code||0179|
|Short overview for Windows||Alt + 0179|
|Abbreviation of Mac||Variant + 00B3|
|Word of mouth||00B3, Alt+X|
Additional information on entering cubic characters
Whether you are using Windows or Mac, the above information is sufficient to insert the Cubed character into a Word/Excel document.
However, if you are not satisfied with this quick help, read below where I explain in detail how to get the cube icon or any other icon anywhere on your Mac or Windows PC, like in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
As you may already know, there are several keyboard double-keys that are compatible with both Windows and Mac. That is, there are characters on the keyboard that are easily accessible as secondary keys. By simply pressing two or more keys at once, you can easily insert these characters into your work. If you z. B. Press Shift + 7, the ampersand (&) is displayed.
However, the other characters are not printed as a second key on the keyboard. It makes it harder to hit. One of these symbols is the 3-Cuba (³) symbol.
Typing becomes very difficult for you if you regularly have to insert some of these characters into your work.
But it doesn’t have to be difficult. Especially as you read this step-by-step guide.
Insert the 3-cube character in Word/Excel
In the following sections, I will show you all the easy ways to type or paste this character (3 cubes – ³) anywhere on your Windows or Mac PC (for example, in Word or Excel or PowerPoint).
In a few minutes, I’ll explain some methods you can use to get 3 cubes (³) and any other character you need.
To guide you quickly, press the Alt key and type the code alt-0179 on the numeric keypad. You can also press the + 00B3 option on a Mac.
However, the methods are explained in detail below without going into further detail.
1. Dice character labels (Windows and Mac)
The cube symbol for Mac is option + 00B3.
There are several keyboard shortcuts in Windows, some of which only work in Microsoft Word.
However, there is a Windows shortcut for the cube sign that works in all applications. This is the keyboard shortcut Alt+0179 (discussed in the next section).
Cube shortcut for Microsoft Word – 00B3, Alt X. This only works in Microsoft Word.
To use it on Windows (for Word), follow these instructions:
- Place the cursor at the desired location.
- Select 00B3 on the keyboard, then press Alt + X.
This converts the numbers into cubes where you placed the cursor.
Here’s how to use the shortcut key for the Cubed for Mac icon:
- First, place the cursor where you want to insert the character.
- Now simultaneously press Option + 00B3 on the Mac keyboard.
This key combination should insert the icon for you on your Mac PC.
In the next section, I’ll show you how to use the Alt block symbol code to enter a character on the keyboard.
2. Alt icon (for Windows)
Cube symbol (³) Alt code 0179.
Each symbol in Word has a unique code that you can use to insert the symbol into your document. This code is also called the alt code.
Below are the steps for entering this character on the keyboard (using the Alt code shown above):
- Press the numeric keypad lock key to activate the numeric keypad. Use Fn + NumLk to enable the numeric lock on laptops without a numeric keypad.
- Hold down the Alt key and enter 0179 using the numeric keypad.
- After entering the Alt code (e.g. 0179), release the [Alt] key.
As soon as you release the Alt key, the cube symbol (³) should appear in the document.
3. Copy and paste the cubic characters
Use the button below to copy and paste the cube symbol for your work.
My preferred method for pasting characters is copy and paste.
With this method, all you have to do is type the character you want to type into Google and copy it from one of the search results. Once you have pasted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it again whenever you need to.
Use the button above to place this character in your clipboard.
There is another way to copy this character and any other character in Windows. This is due to the use of the Windows character statement.
Follow these steps to copy and paste any character using a character map.
- Find the Drawing Board application by pressing the Start button.
- The Character Map application appears in the search results. Click on it to start it.
- Once the drawing board window is open, click on the Preview checkbox to enlarge the window and get more options.
- In the advanced view, type a third number in superscript in the search field.
- The symbol you are looking for (i.e. the cube symbol) now appears in the symbol map. Double-click it to select it. You will see the icon appear in the Symbols box for copying text. This allows you to select and copy multiple characters at once.
- After selecting the character you want to copy, click the Copy button.
- Go to where you need the symbol, whether in MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint, and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
Allows you to copy and paste a cube character in Windows using the symbol map.
4. Using the dialog box for inserting characters
This approach is not as simple as the quick methods. But it’s very simple.
And once you’ve inserted a symbol into a document, you can copy and paste it whenever you need it in your work.
The following section describes the steps for inserting a cube symbol into a word using the Insert Symbol dialog box.
- On the Insert tab, click on the Symbols button and select More Symbols ……
With these few clicks the dialog box with symbols appears.
- Find the character you want to insert.
To easily find the cube symbol in the symbol window, look at the bottom of the dialog box and type 00B3 in the character code: field. The cubic character to be inserted is selected after entering the code.
- Click on the Insert button.
It is also possible to double click on a symbol to insert it into the document.
Use the Insert Symbols dialog box to insert the 3 cubes into Word.
As you can see, there are several ways to insert or type the Cubed character in Word/Excel with or without a keyboard.
My favorite method is copy and paste, followed by shortcuts. The alt-code method is also simple.
If you have any comments or questions about this cc guide, please send them to me in the Comments section below.
Thanks for the read.
how to type cubed on mac, how to type power of 3 on keyboard, how to type cubed symbol, how to type cubed symbol on iphone, cubed symbol copy, squared symbol on keyboard, how to type square and cube in keyboard, how to type the cubed symbol on a chromebook
Leave a Comment