Registry Error in Windows 10
⇒ Download driverFix
3. Windows 10 Update
Support for the latest updates is very important if you want your Windows 10 to run stably and smoothly.
Many BSoD errors are caused by hardware and software compatibility issues, so it is imperative that a regular Windows update is performed.
By downloading the latest updates, you can be sure that your system is safe and stable. They also prevent Windows 10 registry errors and other BSoD errors from occurring.
4. Starting BSOD troubleshooting
- Open the Settings program by pressing the Windows + I key combination.
- Go to Updates and Security. Data
- Select Troubleshootingfrom the left menu.
- Select Blue Screen from the right pane and click Perform Troubleshooting.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
Pay attention: If updating Windows and drivers doesn’t help, try the built-in diagnostic tool. This tool can be useful for fixing all kinds of problems including registry errors in Windows 10.
However, depending on the version of your operating system, you may not see the blue screen. Then you go to the next step.
5. Start SFC scan
- Press the key combination Windows +S and open the search bar .
- Enter a command prompt and select Open as Administrator.
- Type the following string and press Enter: sfc/scannowerror
- Wait for the process to complete (this may take some time).
- If a solution is found, it is automatically applied.
- Now close the command line and restart the computer.
Pay attention: This command line tool, SFC, analyzes your system for various problems and fixes them automatically. So it can be useful to address BSODs and registry errors in Windows10.
6. Start DISM
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair All to troubleshoot proprietary technologies.
Scan the PC with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files are replaced with new Windows files and components.
DISM is another command line diagnostic tool that we can use if the previous ones did not solve the problem. In fact, the DISM is perhaps the most powerful diagnostic tool on the market because it just installed a system image.
In what follows, we will guide you through the standard procedure and the procedure with the installation media:
- Type a command line in the Windows search bar.
- Click on Run as administrator. Data
- Type the following command and press the Enter key : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the scan to finish.
- Restart your computer and try the update again.
With Windowsinstallation support
- Insert the Windows installation media.
- Open the command line as administrator as in the solution above.
- Type the following commands on the command line and press Enter after each command: dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image / restorehealth
- Now type the following command and press the Enter key : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
- Make sure you change the valueXto the letter of the mounted drive when you install Windows 10.
- Restart the computer when the process is complete.
7. Check the hard disk.
- Enter the advanced boot procedure (restart the computer while holding down the Shift key).
- Select Troubleshooting > Advanced Settings. Data
- Select the command line from the list of options.
- When the command line appears, type the following lines and press Enter after each line to run it:
- You can also run the chkdsk command for each disk partition, for example. B. chkdsk /r c:
- Restart the computer and check if the problem is solved.
8. Removal of problematic applications
Users reported that some applications, such as B. Deamon Tools, can cause registry errors in Windows 10. To correct this error, you must completely uninstall the software.
Keep in mind that almost any software can cause this problem, so be sure to uninstall any software you have recently installed. It should also be noted that your antivirus software may cause similar errors.
Almost all anti-virus software can cause REGISTRY_ERROR, so you should remove all anti-virus software except Windows Defender.
To completely remove some antivirus software, you need to use a special removal tool. Many security companies offer these tools on their websites. Therefore, you should download and use this tool to remove your antivirus software.
If uninstalling your antivirus program solves the problem, you can now download the latest version of the software you are using. You can also switch to another antivirus program.
9. Checking system maintenance
- Press the Windows + S keys and enter Maintenance.
- Choose Safety and Maintenance from the list of results.
- Expand maintenance and click Start Maintenance.
- If you get a BSoD error message, it means that the system maintenance is not working, so you need to disable it.
- Press the Windows + R keys.
- Type regedit and press the Enter key.
- The record editor opens. Go to the next button in the left window: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARmicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentVersionScheduleMaintenance
- If a DWORD that supports people with maintenance disabilities is not available in the appropriate panel, create one.
- Right-click on an empty field, select New > DWORD value (32-bit) and enter MaintenanceDisabled as the name.
- Double-click MaintenanceDisabled and set the value data to 1.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Pay attention: If REGISTRY_ERROR BSoD appears after the computer has been idle for several minutes, the problem is probably due to system maintenance. Note that this is just a workaround, but your PC should now run stable and without BSoD errors.
10. Install the old driver for the graphics card
- Press the Windows + X key to open the advanced menu.
- Select the Device Manager from the list.
- When the Device Manager opens, locate the video card, right-click on it and select Remove.
- If necessary, select the Remove driver for this device check box and click OK.
- After removing the driver, restart your computer.
- All you need to do now is download an old version of the driver for your graphics card.
Pay attention: Few users have reported problems with the latest Nvidia graphics card driver. According to this, the latest drivers in Windows 10 have caused a blue screen with a registry shutdown code error.
However, this solution may also be useful for AMD owners. So if you have an AMD graphics card, you should definitely try this solution.
11. Perform a system restore / Reset Windows 10
- Reboot the computer several times during the boot process. This starts the automatic recovery process.
- Select Troubleshooting > Advanced Options > System Restore.
- Enter your username and password and select a restore point.
- Follow the instructions to complete the system recovery.
Pay attention: If the problem is caused by a software issue, you should be able to fix it by running System Restore. If system restore did not resolve the issue, you may need to restart Windows 10.
- Start the automatic recovery process by restarting the computer several times during the boot process. Data
- Select Troubleshooting > Reset this PC.
- Choose Delete All. Data
- Press the reset button and wait for the process to complete.Reset button
Pay attention: Resetting Windows 10 will remove all files and folders from your C drive, so make sure you back them up. Resetting Windows 10 removes most of the causes of BSoD. If the error persists, there is probably a hardware problem.
12. Check your equipment
RAM is often the cause of many BSoD errors. If you have a BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR, use a tool like MemTest86 to make sure your RAM is working properly.
If your RAM is working fine, check the other components like the motherboard, hard drive, graphics card, etc. Sometimes new hardware is not fully compatible with your PC, so make sure you remove it and check if your PC works without it.
The BSoD registry error in Windows 10 can be problematic. Finding the cause can also be problematic, as software and hardware problems can lead to a blue screen.
Therefore, you should take a step-by-step approach to solving this error. In most cases, you can correct this error by finding the software that caused the error or by performing a Windows 10 reset.
FAQ: Recording error Details
- How do I fix a Windows 10 registration error?
The first step is to determine if the problem is software or hardware. Then you can follow these simple solutions to fix Windows 10 registry errors.
- How do I know if my registry is corrupt?
You can use special software that scans and cleans up any computer problems. We have created a guide with the best software to check if the registry is corrupt.
- Will cleaning the registry make my computer faster?
Registry errors can cause serious problems for your PC and affect its performance. Follow this quick guide to clean up the registry and speed up your computer.
Still having problems?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent on TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scanning button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing problems with the PC.
- Click Restore All to fix issues related to proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comment : This article was originally published in June 2016 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
how to fix registry errors windows 10, windows 10 registry error reboot, registry error bsod, windows registry checker tool, how to reset the registry in windows 10, windows 10 registry repair offline, registry error windows 7, free registry repair windows 10
Leave a Comment